The Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy Practice Group at Gray Reed assists clients in pursuing efficient, innovative and sophisticated solutions in distressed financial situations. We provide prompt, effective advice and responses that allow for the quick assessment of available alternatives, and the ability to minimize losses, resolve disputes and maximize value.
Our attorneys have significant experience representing troubled companies, trustees, secured and unsecured creditors, official and ad hoc committees, equity holders, owners, managers and other constituents in financial distress, workout, turnaround, restructuring, planning and bankruptcy scenarios—both in and out of court.
Industry Recognition & Involvement
- Our Corporate Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice Group is recognized in Best Lawyers' 2024 “Best Law Firms” ranking.
- Our Corporate Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice Group is ranked as a Band 5 practice in the Chambers USA 2023 legal directory. Two attorneys are also recognized as leading bankruptcy/restructuring attorneys in Texas, including the Practice Group Leader who has been recognized annually since 2005.
- The Leader of Gray Reed's Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy Practice Group is in Lawdragon's 2023 500 Leading U.S. Bankruptcy & Restructuring Lawyers.
- Six attorneys are listed as 2024 Best Lawyers in America (a Woodward/White company) in the fields of bankruptcy litigation and/or bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law.
- One attorney was recognized for his role in the Life Partners Holdings, Inc. case, which was named the 2017 “Turnaround of the Year” in the large company category by the Turnaround Management Association.
- Several attorneys hold leadership positions for the American Bankruptcy Institute, the State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section, the DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers and speak regularly at industry events around the country.
Access to Resources and General Counsel Capabilities
As a full service firm, we are uniquely positioned to effectively represent and counsel our clients in the most complex restructuring and bankruptcy scenarios. Gray Reed attorneys focusing on areas such as mergers & acquisitions, private equity, commercial litigation, banking & finance, energy, construction, healthcare, labor & employment, tax, real estate and intellectual property, regularly assist in workout and restructuring efforts. These resources, combined with our worldwide network of lawyers for international and cross-border issues, allow us to serve as outside general counsel for our clients and help solve nearly any issue that may be faced in the life cycle of a business.
Our Purpose is You.
Your experience with our corporate restructuring and bankruptcy attorneys will be fully aligned with your goals and objectives and tailored specifically to how you want to do business with us – you will never be forced into a box that doesn’t fit your opportunity or problem, or your needs and desires. We pride ourselves on our team approach, tapping into the strengths and skills of attorneys from other practice areas in the firm to seamlessly address your needs in almost any setting. We know exactly when to turn up the heat and when collaboration is the smartest way for you to achieve your goals.