Going through a corporate restructuring is a trying time in the life of a business. It is intensely personal, not only for the debtor’s owners and employees but also the creditors and vendors with which it does business. One of the most important parts of my job is helping clients look beyond the personal aspects of a case and make smart business decisions to successfully navigate the bankruptcy process and get back on track after the case is over.
A compassionate advisor with deep experience handling every aspect of the bankruptcy process, Lydia Webb focuses her practice on representing and advising debtors, creditors, committees and post-confirmation trustees in bankruptcy cases and other insolvency or restructuring scenarios. She has guided clients to successful results in complex cases before courts throughout Texas and many other states, including Oklahoma, Delaware and New York.
With cases spanning several industries – oil and gas, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, restaurants plus many more – Lydia understands there’s no one-size-fits-all solution in every bankruptcy case. She always focuses on gaining a strong grasp of the industry-specific regulations and issues that will have a big impact on the outcome of the bankruptcy. This tailored approach helps Lydia navigate the various challenges that arise along the way and ensure that her client achieves its unique goals in resolving the case.
- Rockies Region 2006 Limited Partnership, et al., Case No. 18-33513 (Bankr. N.D. Tex.): Counsel to the Debtors, two oil and gas limited partnerships.
- Lockwood Holdings, Inc., et al., Case No. 18-30197 (Bankr. S.D. Tex.): Counsel to the Debtors, international supplier of pipe, valves, fittings and flanges to the oil and gas industry.
- Preferred Care Inc., Case No. 17-44642 (Bankr. N.D. Tex.): Counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Vasari, LLC, Case No. 17-44346 (Bankr. N.D. Tex.): Counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC, Case No. 17-30560 (Bankr. S.D. Tex.): Counsel to Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc. Coordinated Encana's opposition to Vanguard's motion to reject Encana's farmout agreement with focus on state law oil and gas issues and novel issues of bankruptcy law.
- Colorado 2002B Limited Partnership, et al., Case No. 16-33743 (Bankr. N.D. Tex.): Counsel to the Debtors, two oil and gas limited partnerships.
- EmKey Companies, LLC, Case No. 16-30548 (Bankr. N.D. Tex.): Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Quicksilver Resources, Inc., Case No. 15-10585 (Bankr. D. Del.): Counsel Crestwood Equity Partners, a mid-stream service provider, and coordinated Crestwood’s opposition to Quicksilver’s motion to reject Crestwood gas gathering and processing agreements with focus on state law oil and gas issues.
- Life Partners, Inc., Case No. 15-04289 (Bankr. N.D. Tex.): Counsel to Vida Capital, Inc., potential purchaser of life settlement policy portfolio and plan proponent.
- ITS Engineered Systems, Inc., Case No. 15-32145 (Bankr. S.D. Tex.): Counsel to the Debtor, an oil and gas service provider.
- John P. Madden, Trustee for the GMX Resources Creditor Trust vs. Multiple Fraudulent Conveyance Defendants, Adv. No. 15-01278 (Bankr. W.D. Okla.): Counsel to post-confirmation trustee in fraudulent conveyance litigation against preferred shareholders.
- John P. Madden, Trustee for the GMX Resources Creditor Trust vs. Multiple Preference Defendants, Adv. No. 15-01279 (Bankr. W.D. Okla.): Counsel to post-confirmation trustee in litigation against preference defendants.
- GMX Resources Inc., Case No. 13-11456 (Bankr. W.D. Okla.): Counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors.
- Eastern 1996D Limited Partnership, et al., Case No. 13-34773 (Bankr. N.D. Tex.). Counsel to the Debtors, twelve oil and gas limited partnerships.
- Selected to participate in the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges Next Generation program (2019)
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines (2018 - 2020)
Professional Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers, Social Chair
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- The Hon. John C. Ford American Inn of Court
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Summer Musicals, Board of Directors
- Park Cities Baptist Church
When I Feel Most At Home
- Spending time with my husband Brandon and son Jack at the family ranch outside of Junction, Texas
- Trying out new restaurants and exploring my favorites spots in East Dallas
- Cheering on my favorite teams – the San Antonio Spurs and the Baylor Bears