At Gray Reed, we believe that effectively representing construction businesses requires an industry based practice. It’s not enough to know the law—you need to know the industry, how it operates and how a project progresses.
Depth of Experience Within Our Construction Law Practice Group
- Two attorneys are Board Certified in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Our construction law practice was recognized in the U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers 2023 "Best Law Firms" ranking.
- Four attorneys are listed as a 2024 Best Lawyer in America (a Woodward/White company) in the field of construction law and/or construction litigation.
- One attorney is recognized by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters publication) in 2022 in the field of construction litigation.
- One attorney is currently serving his fifth term in the Texas House of Representatives and is an advocate for the construction industry.
- One attorney was a civil engineer before attending law school.
- Our lawyers are frequent authors and lecturers on construction law topics and contribute to the firm's Texas Construction Law Blog.
Our attorneys provide a full range of legal services to contractors and owners ranging from small, family-owned businesses to ENR Top 400 Contractors, state and local government agencies and Fortune 500 Corporations.
We have worked with clients on a wide variety of projects ranging from highways and bridges to airports and mass transit to power and chemical plants and cogeneration facilities to hospitals, hotels, golf courses and more. Our clientele and trade representation is just as diverse, including owners, developers, general contractors, specialty subcontractors, equipment and material suppliers, governmental and quasi-governmental entities, and municipalities. Trades represented include concrete, glazing, plumbing, electrical, roofing, construction management, civil construction, metal fabrication, remediation, site work and underground utilities.
We assist construction industry clients with acquisitions, project development and finance, contract formation, project management and “real time” advice, claims preparation and resolution, mechanics liens and payment bond claims, open account collections, OSHA, regulatory and licensing matters, labor and employment issues, environment compliance, MBE/WBE/DBE requirements, suretyship, mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution proceedings, and litigation.
Our scope of work is as broad as yours.
Access to Resources and General Counsel Capabilities
As a full service firm, we are uniquely positioned to effectively represent and counsel construction industry businesses beyond routine or the most complex construction matters. When a client's need goes beyond the expertise or jurisdiction of a construction law attorney, our firm has a worldwide network of lawyers for international and cross-border issues and a construction industry team made up of attorneys with a range of practices all focused towards the construction industry. These resources allow us to serve as outside general counsel for our clients and help solve nearly any issue they may face in the life cycle of their business such as corporate, labor and employment, tax, estate planning, real estate, bankruptcy, intellectual property, wealth preservation, government investigations and compliance, and commercial litigation matters.
Our Purpose is You.
As trusted advisors, we develop a deep understanding of your goals and objectives, so we can anticipate future issues and opportunities, and deliver highly personalized service. Our vast construction industry knowledge combined with a creative, pragmatic approach arms us to relentlessly protect you and your interests.