My attention to detail, timeliness and work ethic help me exceed the expectations of our clients, something I strive for each and every day.
Catherine Chlebowski’s practice focuses on the representation of financial institutions in all types of real estate lending and general corporate lending, including secured and unsecured commercial lending transactions, syndicated credit facilities and the financing of complex commercial transactions. She's been involved in various credit transactions (both bilateral and syndicated transactions) ranging in loan sizes from $1,000,000 to $40,000,000.
While earning her undergraduate degree from The University of Texas at Austin, she was elected to the prestigious honor society of Phi Beta Kappa in 2014 and as a member of the Liberal Arts Honor College, wrote an honors thesis about the impact of social media on young voters.
During law school, Catherine represented abused and neglected children in Dallas County through the W.W. Caruth, Jr. Child Advocacy Clinic, where she gained invaluable experience in advocacy. She also served as representative of her class in the Student Bar Association, served as editor for the SMU International Law Review Association, and completed more than 300 hours of pro bono law work through the State Bar of Texas Pro Bono College. Catherine's commitment to pro bono law work continues at Gray Reed as she co-chairs the firm's Pro Bono Committee.
Banking & Finance
- Represented a mechanical and industrial cleaning services provider in connection with a $135,000,000 term credit facility to finance, among other things, an equity repurchase and an equity acquisition
- Represented a financial institution acting as administrative agent in connection with $38,000,000.00 in revolving line of credit and term credit facilities to finance, among other items, the acquisition of real property and construction of improvements upon such real property
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $25,000,000.00 revolving capital call line of credit to bridge investments between capital calls
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $20,000,000.00 term facility to a borrower in the financial services industry
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $20,000,000.00 revolving line of credit to finance certain business investments
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $9,000,000.00 advancing term loan to finance the construction of a new office space for a borrower in the truck transportation industry
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $5,500,000.00 term facility to refinance certain debts of a non-profit borrower
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $3,000,000.00 revolving line of credit to finance a real property acquisition
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $2,000,000.00 construction loan facility
Mergers & Acquisition / Corporate
- Assisted a Houston-based cloud transformation technology services company with operations in the US and India in its sale to a Silicon Valley-based IT service management company.
- Assisted the founders of an environmental remediation, waste storage, transportation and disposal services company in $88 million sale of a majority equity stake to a private equity fund, including a part equity sale and rollover by the founders, earn-out arrangements and formation of a complex partnership to govern the newly-formed parent company.
- Assisted Bowen, Miclette & Britt Insurance Agency, LLC, a Texas limited liability company and Bowen, Miclette & Britt, Inc., a Texas corporation, in the acquisition of a minority interest from Agency Capital Group LLC and the sale of a majority interest to BroadStreet Partners, Inc., an Ohio corporation.
- Assisted Global Healthcare Alliance in its sale to Cedar Gate Technologies, a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity fund GTCR.
- Assisted RadiaDyne, L.L.C. in its sale of equity to a publically-traded medical device company, AngioDynamics, Inc.
- Assisted Patriot Erectors, Inc., a steel fabrication and erection company, with its sale of business to Hillstar Capital, LLC and Ranch Creek Partners, LLC.
- Assisted State Parking Services, Inc., a valet parking company, and iPark Services LLC, a self-parking company, with the sale of equity to Premier Parking of Tennessee, LLC.
- Assisted a commercial laundry equipment distributor servicing clients in Texas and several other states in connection with the sale of substantially all of the assets of two companies to a strategic buyer.
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly (2022)
- Named a Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer in Houston (2020)
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Phi Beta Kappa
- The International Legal Honors Society of Phi Delta Phi
- State Bar of Texas
- Business Law Section
- Construction Law Section
- Oil, Gas, and Energy Resources Law Section
- Fellow, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Mergers & Acquisitions Section
- Committee Member, Associated Builders & Contractors
Community Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, Crime Stoppers of Houston Young Professional Group
- University of Texas, Texas Exes
When I Feel Most At Home
- Visiting art galleries and museums
- Stargazing and learning about the stars and galaxies
- Training for half marathons with my husband and dog, Rosie
- Fixing up our new fixer upper of a home