Clients value my relentless work ethic and diligent approach to structuring commercial lending transactions. They also value my ability to dig deep into the details of every deal, recognizing that each deal is unique and requires bespoke drafting and negotiating.
Catherine Chlebowski guides regional and national financial institutions through all types of commercial lending transactions, with an emphasis on middle market lending. She has helped lenders structure and negotiate a diverse range of complex deals, including real estate acquisitions, development, construction, and renovation; bilateral and syndicated credit transactions; working capital loans; revolving lines of credit; secured and unsecured commercial transactions; railcar financings, equipment financings, and many others. Catherine’s lending transaction experience spans a number of industry sectors, with a focus on real estate, energy, construction and transportation.
Catherine has significant experience handling every key aspect of a lending transaction, from conducting intensive due diligence to preparing loan documentation, negotiating with borrower's counsel, and managing all post-closing items, including all UCC perfection matters.
Banking & Finance
- Represented a mechanical and industrial cleaning services provider in connection with a $135,000,000 term credit facility to finance, among other things, an equity repurchase and an equity acquisition
- Represented a financial institution acting as administrative agent in connection with $38,000,000.00 in revolving line of credit and term credit facilities to finance, among other items, the acquisition of real property and construction of improvements upon such real property
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $25,000,000.00 revolving capital call line of credit to bridge investments between capital calls
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $25,000,000.00 term loan to a law firm, with litigation expense receivables as the collateral thereto
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $20,000,000.00 term facility to a borrower in the financial services industry
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $20,000,000.00 revolving line of credit to finance certain business investments
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $9,000,000.00 advancing term loan to finance the construction of a new office space for a borrower in the truck transportation industry
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $5,500,000.00 term facility to refinance certain debts of a non-profit borrower
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $3,000,000.00 revolving line of credit to finance a real property acquisition
- Represented a financial institution in connection with a $2,000,000.00 construction loan facility
Mergers & Acquisition / Corporate
- Assisted a Houston-based cloud transformation technology services company with operations in the US and India in its sale to a Silicon Valley-based IT service management company.
- Assisted the founders of an environmental remediation, waste storage, transportation and disposal services company in $88 million sale of a majority equity stake to a private equity fund, including a part equity sale and rollover by the founders, earn-out arrangements and formation of a complex partnership to govern the newly formed parent company.
- Assisted Bowen, Miclette & Britt Insurance Agency, LLC, a Texas limited liability company and Bowen, Miclette & Britt, Inc., a Texas corporation, in the acquisition of a minority interest from Agency Capital Group LLC and the sale of a majority interest to BroadStreet Partners, Inc., an Ohio corporation.
- Assisted Global Healthcare Alliance in its sale to Cedar Gate Technologies, a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity fund GTCR.
- Assisted RadiaDyne, L.L.C. in its sale of equity to a publically traded medical device company, AngioDynamics, Inc.
- Assisted Patriot Erectors, Inc., a steel fabrication and erection company, with its sale of business to Hillstar Capital, LLC and Ranch Creek Partners, LLC.
- Assisted State Parking Services, Inc., a valet parking company, and iPark Services LLC, a self-parking company, with the sale of equity to Premier Parking of Tennessee, LLC.
- Assisted a commercial laundry equipment distributor servicing clients in Texas and several other states in connection with the sale of substantially all of the assets of two companies to a strategic buyer.
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines (2022 - 2023)
- Named a Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer in Houston (2020)
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
Phi Beta Kappa
The International Legal Honors Society of Phi Delta Phi
State Bar of Texas
Fellow, Houston Young Lawyers Association
Houston Bar Association; Mergers & Acquisitions Section and Real Estate Section
Community Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Member, Crime Stoppers of Houston Young Professional Group
- University of Texas, Texas Exes
When I Feel Most At Home
- Visiting art galleries and museums
- Walking and spending time outdoors with my family