The Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy Department at Gray Reed assists clients in pursuing efficient, innovative and sophisticated solutions in distressed financial situations. We provide prompt, effective advice and responses that allow for the quick assessment of available alternatives, and the ability to minimize losses, resolve disputes and maximize value.
Our attorneys have significant experience representing troubled companies, trustees, secured and unsecured creditors, official and ad hoc committees, equity holders, owners, managers and other constituents in financial distress, workout, turnaround, restructuring, planning and bankruptcy scenarios—both in and out of court.
Industry Recognition & Involvement
- The Department was recognized in the U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers’ 2021 “Best Law Firms” ranking.
- Two attorneys are recognized as leading bankruptcy/restructuring attorneys in Texas in the Chambers USA 2020 legal directory (Chambers & Partners), including the Chair of the Department who has been recognized annually since 2005.
- Two attorneys are named in Lawdragon's inaugural 500 Leading U.S. Bankruptcy & Restructuring Lawyers 2020, including the Chair of the Department.
- One attorney was recognized for his role in the Life Partners Holdings, Inc. case, which was named the 2017 “Turnaround of the Year” in the large company category by the Turnaround Management Association.
- Another attorney was selected to participate in the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges Next Generation Program in 2019.
- Several attorneys hold leadership positions for the American Bankruptcy Institute, the State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section, the DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers and speak regularly at industry events around the country.
Access to Resources and General Counsel Capabilities
As a full service firm, we are uniquely positioned to effectively represent and counsel our clients in the most complex restructuring and bankruptcy scenarios. Gray Reed attorneys focusing on areas such as mergers & acquisitions, private equity, commercial litigation, banking & finance, energy, construction, healthcare, labor & employment, tax, real estate and intellectual property, regularly assist in workout and restructuring efforts. These resources, combined with our worldwide network of lawyers for international and cross-border issues, allow us to serve as outside general counsel for our clients and help solve nearly any issue that may be faced in the life cycle of a business.
Why Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy Clients Feel at Home at Gray Reed
Your experience with our corporate restructuring and bankruptcy attorneys will be fully aligned with your goals and objectives and tailored specifically to how you want to do business with us – you will never be forced into a box that doesn’t fit your opportunity or problem, or your needs and desires. We pride ourselves on our team approach, tapping into the strengths and skills of attorneys from other practice areas in the firm to seamlessly address your needs in almost any setting. We know exactly when to turn up the heat and when collaboration is the smartest way for you to achieve your goals.