Gray Reed Attorney Appointed to the American Institute of CPA’s International Tax Resource Panel
Deidra Wilson Hubenak, a member at Gray Reed & McGraw, was appointed to the American Institute of CPA's (AICPA) International Tax Resource Panel for 2011-1012. She is one of three new members to the nationwide panel of 10.
Hubenak is a licensed attorney and a Certified Public Accountant with more than 20 years of experience providing multinational corporations, closely held businesses and individuals with tax planning. Half of that experience was obtained while working in the international tax section of PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP and the federal tax section of Ernst & Young, LLP.
The AICPA's International Tax Resource Panel (TRP) identifies issues and develops policy by:
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory activity in international taxation, including cross-border tax issues and planning, multinational mergers and joint ventures.
- Monitoring developments in U.S. tax treaty negotiations.
- Suggesting legislative and regulatory modifications to simplify and clarify the international taxation provisions.
- Meeting and collaborating with the international tax technical staffs at IRS, the Department of the Treasury and Congress, our counterparts at the American Bar Association and others groups where necessary, and with other committees and groups within the AICPA.
- Developing products and services to assist members in tax practice and communicating with them, including through periodic articles in The Tax Adviser.
About Gray Reed & McGraw
Founded in 1985, Gray Reed & McGraw is a full-service, Texas based law firm with more than 100 lawyers practicing in Houston, Dallas and Tyler. Gray Reed & McGraw offers a wide range of legal services including business litigation, corporate transactions, oil & gas, tax planning and litigation, real estate, healthcare, trusts and estates, employment law, family law, and bankruptcy. For more information, visit www.grayreed.com.