Kristen Kelly represents clients in commercial litigation matters with a focus on energy, construction, insurance, and financial institution disputes. She has experience in state, federal, and appellate courts. Kristen served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Lynn N. Hughes in the Southern District of Texas, and graduated cum laude from both University of Houston Law Center and Vanderbilt University.
- Represents companies in the energy, construction, financial and oilfield services industries in commercial litigation involving contract, warranty, insurance, and fiduciary duty disputes.
- Represented a major energy company in defense of a suit for the alleged loss of oil and gas rights.
- Represented a chemical company in a breach of a steam supply contract dispute.
- Represented a major energy company in indemnity recovery dispute related to Louisiana Oilfield legacy lawsuit.
- Represented oil field services company in employment matters.
- Defended private correctional facility in civil rights and employment disputes.
Kristen served as a Law Clerk for Judge Lynn N. Hughes of the U.S. District Court in Houston, Texas. She also worked as an adjunct professor, teaching Judicial Process, at the University of Houston Law Center.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- 4 Word, Member
- Chair-Elect of Westminster United Methodist Church Council
- Advisory Board Member to Westminster Weekday School
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly magazine (2008 - 2009)
- Head Casenote and Comment Editor, Houston International Journal of Law