Brian Waters practices commercial litigation in Gray Reed & McGraw's Houston office. He focuses his practice on a variety of civil litigation matters at both the trial and appellate levels. Brian served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Lynn N. Hughes in the Southern District of Texas, and is a graduate of the South Texas College of Law Houston and Texas State University.
Commercial & Civil Litigation
- Handles commercial contract dispute and collection cases for large energy company with active matters in several states.
- Handles national nonparty subpoena docket for large energy company.
Personal Injury Litigation
- Defends clients in a wide variety of personal injury claims ranging from slip and falls and motor vehicle accidents to work place injuries in both land and offshore exploration and production operations.
- Defended contractor of a large energy company against multiple personal injury claims stemming from a fire at a natural gas liquid storage facility.
- Represents real estate brokers, agents, and sellers in civil litigation matters stemming from real estate transactions including but not limited to claims for breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, misrepresentation, DTPA violations, and negligence.
- Participated in representation of commercial landlord in multi-million dollar breach of lease lawsuit.
- Advises insurance clients on a wide variety of coverage issues.
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Honorable Lynn N. Hughes, Judicial Intern, August 2012 - November 2012
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- South Texas College of Law Young Alumni Council
- Texas State University Young Alumni Task Force
- Hermann Park Conversancy - Urban Green
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines (2017-2018)