With unique experience working in the firm’s Dallas and Houston offices, Lindsey Postula represents clients across Texas in the acquisition, development and management of a broad range of commercial properties. In addition to ongoing representation of landlords, developers, and major corporate clients, she handles all real estate aspects of asset and equity purchases, sale leasebacks, and complex financing arrangements.
Lindsey has the skills and experience to handle the most challenging commercial developments, including recent work on a massive regional distribution facility and a high-profile sports performance and medical office project in North Texas. She guides clients through each phase and aspect of these complex projects, everything from consolidating multiple parcels of land and negotiating easements and rights of way, to troubleshooting problems with engineers and resolving various other development issues until the new project is up and running.
Lindsey is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She has served three terms on the Real Estate Legislative Affairs Committee for the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas – a committee charged with monitoring and summarizing legislation to keep section members current on potential developments in real estate law.
- Represented purchaser / developer of approx. 27-acre mixed-use property.
- Represented purchaser / developer of 1.2 million square foot distribution facility.
- Represented owner in build-to-suit lease for 290,000 square foot sports performance and medical office project.
- Prepared real estate documentation for $370 million multi-state asset purchase.
- Assisted with $180 million seller financing of sale of gas storage facility.
- Assisted with approximately $50 million financing including secured and unsecured term loans and purchase of promissory notes.
- Represented landlord of 1,000,000 square foot class A mall in ownership and lease issues.
- Represented landlord of 100,000 square foot class A office project in lease matters.
- Represented landlord of luxury shopping center in The Woodlands, Texas.
- Represented seller/tenant in multi-property lease negotiation for $18 million sale leaseback.
- Represented purchaser in acquisition and financing of 30+ fast food franchises.
- Facilitated assignment of stadium lease and transfer of assets for sale of minor league baseball team.
- Represented operator of 35,000+ square foot surgical hospital in development, leasing and financing.
- Facilitated property owner's association sale of commercial condominium property, partial termination of condominium regime, and amendment of association documents.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- CREW Houston member, Outreach Committee member
- Real Estate Legislative Affairs Committee, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section (REPTL), State Bar of Texas (2013, 2015, 2017)
- Urban Land Institute Houston Young Leaders
- Houston Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Gray Reed Pro Bono Committee member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Sustaining Life Fellow
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers' 2010 - 2011 Leadership Class
- Dallas Bar Association - Community Involvement Committee (2011)
- Attorneys Serving the Community (2007-2011)
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines (2012-2018)
- Gray Reed & McGraw named a Finalist in Best Real Estate Deal of 2009 by Dallas Business Journal (American City Business Journals)