Jill Bindler's practice focuses on patent litigation and complex commercial litigation, and has included actions in Federal District Court and the United States International Trade Commission. She is experienced with all aspects of patent litigation and focuses on E-Discovery. Jill also represents indigent defendants in federal court through her service on the Criminal Justice Act Panel.
Prior to joining Gray Reed, Jill clerked with the Honorable Alex H. McGlinchey of the Northern District of Texas, Fort Worth Division and was an Associate at McKool Smith and Brackett & Ellis. Prior to entering private practice, she was an Assistant Federal Public Defender and an intern for Magistrate Judge Judith K. Guthrie of the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division.
Jill earned her J.D. from St. Mary's University School of Law and her B.A. from the University of Texas.
- Represented a global telecommunications company in a patent infringement dispute against a large mobile handset manufacturer in the International Trade Commission and district court related to LTE, WCDMA, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, and 802.11 wireless technology.
- Represented a global telecommunications company in a patent infringement and breach of contract dispute in the Eastern District of Texas, Northern District of California and the International Trade Commission related to LTE, WCDMA, and GSM/GPRS/EDGE technologies.
- Represented a global telecommunications company in patent infringement and a dispute over fair, reasonable, and non-discriminatory (FRAND) terms for a license relating to LTE, WCDMA, and GSM/GPRS/EDGE technologies in the Eastern District of Texas and Central District of California.
- Represented a Fortune Global 500 company in patent infringement litigation with a mobile handset manufacturer involving cellular telecommunication technologies.
- Represented a software company as a plaintiff in patent litigation against enterprise software suppliers, asserting a number of patents related to supply chain planning and application management.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in a patent infringement suit relating to drug-eluting stent technology.
- Represented a patent licensing consortium in patent infringement lawsuits in the Eastern District of Texas and Northern District of California against global mobile handset manufacturers involving a number of patents related to mobile handset technology.
- Represented a patent licensing company in a patent infringement lawsuit relating to 802.11 compliant Wi-Fi devices.
- Represented an oilfield services company in several patent infringement matters involving hydrajet fracturing of oil and gas wells and a method of forming composite parts for use in downhole tools.
- Represented a data management company in a patent infringement matter regarding emergency medical data.
- Represented a provider of financial payment processing solutions in a patent infringement matter involving electronic funds transfer technology.
- Represented a major government contractor in a False Claim Act litigation.
- Represented an interstate natural gas pipeline company, against a class of landowners seeking to have a court-appointed master take control of the pipeline system due to alleged violations of the Pipeline Safety Act.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in a case alleging theft of trade secrets and breach of contract.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Attorneys Serving the Community (2001 - present)
- Board of Directors, Family Gateway (2006 - 2012)
- Board of Directors, Family Gateway Affordable Housing (2012 - present)
- Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court, Barrister (2011 - 2013)
- Federal Bar Association, President - Dallas Chapter (2004 - 2005)
- Northern District of Texas Inaugural Bench Bar Conference (2017)
- Planning Committee Member
- IP Panel Moderator
- Northern District of Texas Criminal Justice Administration Advisory Panel
- Northern District of Texas Criminal Justice Administration Panel Member
- Northern District of Texas Court Advisory Panel (2009 - 2015)
- Northern District of Texas Court History Committee
- American Bar Association
- State Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation
- Bar Association of the Fifth Circuit
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Fellow of the Dallas Bar Association
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation