Tyler McGuire focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation before state and federal courts across Texas. Through efficient dispute resolution and aggressive courtroom advocacy when necessary, Tyler has successfully resolved numerous business controversies involving a variety of litigation matters. Tyler handles contractual disputes, corporate breaches of fiduciary duty, construction disputes, energy-related litigation, and property and liability insurance coverage issues. His clients range from mid-size businesses to publicly-traded companies, primarily in the energy, construction, manufacturing and real estate industries.
- Obtained summary judgment for energy client in sub-surface trespass and nuisance lawsuit.
- Secured dismissal of foreign re-insurance broker on the basis of personal jurisdiction, in lawsuit involving business interruption coverage following explosion of Texas refinery.
- Successfully resolved disputes involving corporate officer employment and non-compete agreements.
- Counseled suppliers in the Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) industry.
- Represented both carriers and policyholders in first-person property insurance coverage matters.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Houston Association of Young Lawyers
- Houston Bar Association
- Northwestern University – Houston Alumni Association