George Rustay is an experienced attorney, focusing his practice on family law, plaintiff's personal injury, civil trial litigation and mediation, and has been with Gray Reed & McGraw since 2001. He received his mediation certificate from the the Attorney-Mediators Institute in January 1995, and is a member of the Texas Association of Mediators. George completed the Advanced Mediation Symposium by the ABA Dispute Resolution Committee in January of 1997, and is involved in family law, civil trial, personal injury, collaborative law, FELA and railroad crossing mediation. He has been in-house counsel with Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, doing personal injury defense work, and in 1974 became house counsel for American General Fire and Casualty (Maryland Casualty) in the east Texas and south Texas areas. He has been honored in the annual listing of the top attorneys in Texas presented in Texas Monthly magazine (2001-2011) and H Texas Magazine (2007-2014).
- Representation of clients in divorce actions dividing community and separate properties and custody issues.
- Representation of individuals in pre-nuptial agreements.
- Representation of individuals in modification of existing family law orders to reflect new and changing conditions.
- Representation of clients in collaborative law in divorce matters.
- Representation of individuals in employer/employee relationships.
- Representation of individuals in businesses regarding leases - breach of lease and other litigation matters involving real estate between tenants and landlords.
- Mediation of family law matters.
- Collaborative Law - family law matters
- Mediation pursuant to the Federal Employment Liability Act (FELA) and in railroad crossing cases.
- Mediation of business litigation cases and personal injury cases.
- Court appointed mediator.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Board Certification: Texas Civil Trial Specialists pursuant to the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1979 to present); Texas Association of Family Law Specialists pursuant to the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1979 to present)
- Texas Association of Civil Trial Specialists - Houston Chapter (1979 to present) (past President 1984 - 1985); Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists (1979 to present); and Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists; Texas Association of Mediators; Texas and Houston Bar Foundations
- Gray Reed Pro Bono Committee member
- Named Top Lawyer by H Texas Magazine (2007-2011 and 2013-2015)
- Selected as a Super Lawyer by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine (2001-2011, 2016)
- AV Preeminent® rated (the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating designation)