Gabe handles a variety of civil litigation matters. He focuses his practice primarily on complex commercial cases, and his experience includes breach of contract, product liability, personal injury, toxic tort, class action, employment, premises liability and maritime claims. Gabe regularly represents a variety of industries, including energy companies, oil field service companies and product manufacturers. He has tried several cases to verdict and obtained favorable results for individuals and businesses across the country.
- Regularly prosecutes and defends employers and individuals in non-compete cases.
- Successfully defended gas pipeline company against claims for tortious interference with customer relationships and breach of contract.
- Obtained full summary judgment within 30 days of lawsuit dismissing claims against residential home builder.
- Achieved a substantial settlement on behalf of a frac pump manufacturer for breach of contract and breach of warranty involving improperly manufactured component parts.
- Successfully prosecuted breach of contract claims involving easement and purchase agreements in connection with the sale of a commercial development.
- Prosecuted claims on behalf of manufacturer against competitor in a case involving business disparagement, tortious interference, trade secret, copyright, and non-compete agreements.
- Defended and obtained favorable settlement for oilfield services company in claims for breach of contract and quantum meruit.
- Secured $1.7 million judgment in favor of Houston-based energy company in a breach of contract case.
- Represented shareholder in arbitration for successful buyout of business partners in an oilfield services company.
- Obtained recovery for a partner in professional practice on claims for breach of fiduciary duty and defamation.
- Represented investors and secured judgment against multiple foreign and domestic defendants on claims for federal securities fraud and theft.
- Successfully prosecuted claim on behalf of distribution company in a case involving fraud and breach of contract claims arising from previous business acquisitions.
- Defended and advised product manufacturing company regarding employment, franchise, and tort liability issues.
- Tried multiple cases to verdict for plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury cases.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Houston Bar Association
- Director, South Texas College of Law Alumni Association
- South Texas College of Law Young Alumni Council
- Coach/Instructor of appellate advocacy for South Texas College of Law
- Texas Supreme Court Historical Society
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Leadership Academy 2008
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- President, Woodland Heights Civic Association (2014-2015)
- Young Professionals Advisory Committee for the Greater Houston Easter Seals
- Recognized in the Up-And-Coming 100 list by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines (2017)
- Named a Texas Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines (2012-2017)
- Named a Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer in Houston (2016)
- Order of the Barristers, South Texas College of Law (2007)
- Order of the Lytae, South Texas College of Law (2007)