Listening closely to a client’s desires, understanding deadlines and working diligently are the keys to delivering a quality product that keeps projects moving forward.
Paul Brown has extensive experience drafting title opinions all across the State of Texas as well as other states with drilling activity. He also has drafted numerous curative documents in regards to requirements found in title opinions as well as advising landmen in preparation of drilling wells and curing title defects.
- Researched producing well information, acreage held by production, proration units and formations as found on the Texas Railroad Commission website and filed by operators.
- Drafted promissory notes, mortgages, and deeds of trust for residential real estate closings.
- Drafted drilling title opinions, division order title opinions, and acquisition title opinions in Texas, Ohio, and New Mexico.
- Prepared deeds, affidavits, ratifications, leases, joint operating agreements, farmout agreements, and purchase sale agreements for mineral owners, landmen, and company representatives.
- Researched and organized stand-up title opinions by searching records at courthouse, abstract company, and county tax office in Loving, Midland, Reeves, Reagan, Glasscock, King, and Upton counties.
- Drafted UCC documents to file in county records, employment dissolution agreements, and demand letters.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section
- ETX ADAM's (East Texas - Acquisition, Divestitures and Mergers)
Community Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Dayspring United Methodist Church
- Texas Exes
When I Feel Most At Home
- Spending time with my wife and son
- Traveling and hiking in National Parks
- Attending University of Texas sporting events
- Putting in a hard day's work at the family farm