On November 1, 2016, Austin Carlson, spoke to undergraduate students at Rice University Jones School of Business.
Austin's presentation focused tax accounting and recordkeeping and helping students answer the question "Can I deduct this?". This presentation covered:
- Part One: Tax Accounting and Recordingkeeping
- Why Tax Matters
- Deductions and Credits
- Justifying a Business Expense
- Business v. Personal
- Ordinary and Necessary
- Statute of Limitations
- Segregation of Business/Personal
- Note on Legal Authority
- Top 10 Small Business Expense Issues (Is it deductible?)
- Part Two: Choice of Entity/Tax Type for Small Businesses
To view the entire presentation, click here.