Gray Reed energy attorneys Ashlee Amy, Katie English, Nikki Hafizi, Ryan Sears, Ethan Wood and Paul Yale are co-authors of Hydraulic Fracturing Law and Practice 2019 Edition, published by LexisNexis.
Authored by attorneys at three different law firms and several law professors, the book is divided into nine parts:
- Part I provides both an introduction to this topic and a detailed description of the hydraulic fracturing process.
- Part II provides a detailed description of and response to some of the most pressing policy issues currently associated with hydraulic fracturing.
- Part III summarizes the legislative and regulatory requirements that apply to hydraulic fracturing at the federal level (onshore and offshore).
- Parts IV, V and VI cover the legislative and regulatory requirements that apply to hydraulic fracturing at the state level, with the individual state chapters grouped by regions (Part IV western, Part V south central, Part VI eastern and southeastern).
- Part VII summarizes the current case law on hydraulic fracturing, including both reported and unreported cases.
- Part VIII offers concluding thoughts on where the law of hydraulic fracturing stands today and how it is likely to evolve in the future.
- Part IX contains charts of federal and state hydraulic fracturing requirements.
Each chapter provides thorough treatment of the topic and features insightful practice tips, warnings, and timing considerations. In addition, all the state chapters have a resource section containing contact information for the key governmental agencies, environmental groups and industry organizations.
Specifically, the Gray Reed attorneys authored and revised chapters on Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Texas and co-authored a chapter on federal requirements that apply offshore.
Hydraulic Fracturing Law and Practice 2019 Edition is available for purchase from LexisNexis.
About Gray Reed
A full-service Texas law firm with offices in Dallas, Houston and Waco, Gray Reed provides legal services to companies ranging from start-up to Fortune 500 as well as high net worth individuals. Gray Reed attorneys assist clients with a myriad of legal issues including commercial litigation, corporate transactions, oil and gas, tax planning and litigation, real estate, construction, healthcare, trusts and estates, employment law, family law, intellectual property and bankruptcy. For more information, visit www.grayreed.com.