Travis Crabtree on Allegations Google is Illegally Favoring Own Products in Search Results
Lexblog TV interviews Gray Reed attorney Travis Crabtree on the allegations that Google is illegally favoring its own products when placing search results. In the interview, they discuss:
- The basis for ShopCity.com's allegations and why these came about recently-the cause being a change in Google's algorithm.
- Google's history of allegations like this; they are currently facing a lot of heat in Europe.
- Why ShopCity.com would have a very hard time succeeding in an antitrust case against Google.
- Why Google should be more concerned about government agencies taking action against them than private litigation.
- What's likely to happen next: a formal FTC investigation.
Travis Crabtree brings a unique perspective to his internet marketing, online media and commercial litigation practice. Travis graduated from the University of Missouri School of Journalism and spent several years in television news before taking on a law career. Travis explores the emerging legal issues and trends for internet marketing and online media on his blog, eMediaLaw.com, which you can visit by clicking here. In addition, Travis represents plaintiffs and defendants in complex business matters including cases involving defamation, open records issues, antitrust, RICO, the False Claims Act, shareholder derivatives, minority shareholder oppression, corporate officer/director fiduciary cases, partnership disputes, trade secrets, the DTPA, the UCC, employment and class actions in both state and federal court. He provides advice and counsel to clients at all stages of conflict from avoiding disputes, to alternative dispute resolution, trials and appeals.
About Gray Reed & McGraw
Founded in 1985, Gray Reed & McGraw is a full-service, Texas based law firm with more than 100 lawyers practicing in Houston, Dallas and Tyler. Gray Reed & McGraw offers a wide range of legal services including business litigation, corporate transactions, oil & gas, tax planning and litigation, real estate, healthcare, trusts and estates, employment law, family law, and bankruptcy. For more information, visit www.grayreed.com.