Tonya’s (Toni) practice focuses on commercial litigation on the behalf of businesses in the areas of environmental law, land use, contract disputes, fraud, and DTPA violations. She maintains an active trial practice in both State and Federal Court.
Toni graduated with a B.A. from Monmouth College in 1991 and a J.D. from The Boyd School of Law at the University of Iowa in 1996, where she served as an editor of the Transnational Law and Contemporary Problems Journal.
- Successfully litigated complex breach of contract, fraud, and misrepresentation claims.
- Defense of corporations in multi-party toxic tort and product liability matters.
- Defense of landowners in condemnation matters.
- Defense of retailers in product liability matters.
- Defense of distributors in product liability matters.
- Obtained summary judgment rulings for corporate and individual clients for breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation claims.
- First and second chair trial experience in State and Federal Court.
- Representation of individual physician, medical institutions and health maintenance organizations in contract disputes, fraud, misrepresentation and DTPA claims.
- Represented employers before the EEOC, TCHR, DOL and NLRB.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- The American Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- Selected as a Best Lawyer in Dallas by D Magazine (2017)
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thompson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazines (2014 - 2017)
- Named one of Dallas' "Best Lawyers Under 40" in a D Magazine survey (2006)
- Served as an editor of the Transnational Law and Contemporary Problems Journal (1994 - 1996)
- Participated in the International Law Symposium in Bordeaux, France (1994)