Darrell Armer's practice focuses on commercial transactions, with an emphasis in the healthcare industry. His practice reflects the interplay among Corporate Finance/Securities Law, Health Law, and Real Estate Law. He has lent his experience to all aspects of the organization, reorganization, funding, and merger/acquisition of numerous entities, including specifically, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physical therapy companies, diagnostic centers, management services organizations, medical and dental practices, and home health agencies. He also provides guidance on operational and administrative issues.
Darrell received his J.D. from the Texas Tech University School of Law, and attended the University of Texas for his undergraduate education.
- Board Certified - Health Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Syndication of partnership/company interests in hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, diagnostic centers, and medical office buildings, including preparation of private placement memorandums.
- Representation of physician / hospital partnerships in the development of hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, diagnostic imaging centers and cath labs.
- Serves as outside general counsel to medical and dental practices.
- Representation of developers in the acquisition of real property and their negotiations with tenants.
- Acquisition of ambulatory surgery centers, laboratories, physical therapy companies, and other enterprises.
- Representation of business entities with regard to capital formation and in lending transactions.
- Ongoing representation of health care providers in medical staff issues, peer review hearings, physician licensing, confidentiality of medical records, delivery of patient care, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement issues, fraud and abuse and operational issues.
- Representation of nonprofit health corporations certified by the Texas Medical Board on operational, employee benefit and tax-exempt issues.
- Obtained favorable advisory opinions from CMS that a specialty hospital was considered "under development" for purposes of the moratorium affecting the "whole hospital exception" to the Stark Law.
- Development and implementation of compliance programs and related policies and procedures.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association - Health Law Section (Chair 2008; Officer 2005 - 2008; Council Member 2003 - 2009)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Woodward/White, Inc.'s The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Health Care Law (2012, 2014 – 2016)
- Selected as a Best Lawyer in Dallas by D Magazine (2013, 2017)
- Named “Rising Star” (2006 - 2009) and “Super Lawyer” (2009 - 2016) by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters business) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine