Travis L. Booher
T: 903.594.4381 F: (903) 594-4382
Located in Gray Reed’s Tyler office near the historic East Texas Oil Field, Travis Booher maintains a diverse energy practice advising exploration and development companies with their upstream operations across Texas. He counsels oil and gas companies of all sizes on a variety of matters, including transactional, title and litigation issues. Travis incorporates his business experience along with his upbringing in the oil and gas business to provide practical solutions to legal issues. He became Board Certified in Ol, Gas and Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 2014.
- Counsels energy clients on a variety of day-to-day issues relating to leasing, drilling, production and operation of their oil and gas properties.
- Represents exploration and production companies in the acquisition and divestiture of producing assets and undeveloped acreage.
- Participates in litigation involving condemnation, trespass to try title, surface access and royalty disputes, as well as other contested operational issues.
- Represents oil and gas exploration companies in the negotiation and preparation of a vast array of mineral development documents, including purchase & sale agreements, leases, assignments, title curative documents, farmouts, joint operating agreements, participation agreements and surface use agreements.
- Prepares drilling, supplemental, leasehold, acquisition and division order title opinions covering acreage located throughout Texas.
- Advises operators and non-operators on their rights, duties and obligations under joint operating agreements and joint development agreements.
- Represents exploration clients in Mineral Receivership actions filed in numerous counties throughout East Texas.
- Advises clients on a variety of real property issues associated with lignite mining in East Texas.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- College of Agriculture Development Council, Texas A&M University
- 12th Man Foundation, Texas A&M University
- Zoning Board of Adjustment - City of Tyler, Texas
- Heart of Tyler Main Street Program
- Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association