Tim understands construction and the business of construction. He represents contractors and subcontractors on a wide variety of construction matters including construction claims and litigation, lien and bond claims, giving of real time project advice and contract negotiation.
Prior to law school, Tim worked as a civil engineer for over four years, gaining experience in both the private and public sector. Tim designed dozens of bridges and roadways for the Missouri Department of Transportation. While working in the private sector, Tim developed project management skills by managing bridge and roadway design projects.
- Represented mechanical contractor in the prosecution of a $20 million productivity claim.
- Represented utility contractor in the prosecution of a multi-million dollar differing site conditions claim.
- Represented site/civil contractor in defense of productivity claim by paving subcontractor.
- Represented commercial subcontractor in matter before the Safety Review Board of the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Structured multiple multi-million dollar multi-family housing construction transactions and prepared related documents in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Prepared family of template construction agreements for a $300 million mechanical contractor performing work nationwide.
- Negotiated and closed multi-million dollar construction company stock purchase.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas (Construction Law Section)
- Dallas Bar Association (Construction Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Forum on Construction Law)