Terry L. Thornton
T: 214.954.4135 F: 469.320.6879
Terry Thornton has been actively involved in real estate and business transactional practice for more than 30 years and is board certified in commercial real estate law. She has significant experience in negotiating, drafting, closing and funding of both commercial and complex residential real estate transactions from the standpoint of each of the seller, buyer, developer or lender. In addition, she has an extensive practice in forming and assisting owners' associations and planned unit development regimes, both residential and commercial, as well as negotiating and drafting lease documents. Further, she spends a part of her practice on general business issues such as sales, acquisitions, mergers, financing and entity formation.
- Board Certified - Commercial Real Estate Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Negotiating, drafting, and closing significant commercial transactions from both buyer and seller standpoint in various states, leases, sales-leasebacks, ground leases, contracts for deed, subleases, condominium regime set-ups, shopping center development, prime tenant leases (including theatres, restaurants and other specialty stores, involving both single-tenant and multi-tenant operations), option contracts and deferred exchanges. Lead counsel in negotiating and conveying real estate and related assets of approximately $400 million multi-state location manufacturing business. Lead Texas counsel for various Fortune 500 companies in purchasing, selling, leasing and financing commercial, industrial, and manufacturing facilities in multiple states.
- Negotiating, drafting and closing all types of residential sales from buyer, builder and seller standpoints, long term and temporary leases, contracts for deed, establishment and operation of condominium and townhome regimes, and creating and assisting planned unit developments.
- Representation of financial institutions in negotiating and consummating various loan facilities for commercial financing; representation of borrowers on substantial credit facilities with various syndicated lenders and private investors; drafting and review of complex credit agreements, intercreditor agreements, and collateral arrangements for asset based, real estate based and mezzanine financing.
- Strong experience in mergers, sales and acquisitions of businesses (equity or asset), especially companies with facilities located throughout the county, including restructuring entities and sale or acquisition organizations for maximum benefit and protection.
- Representation of various commercial businesses for ‘everyday’ problems, both complex and simple, and a sincere understanding of ‘real life’ issues faced by entrepreneurs and organizations.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas: Real Estate and Trust Section
- Professional Member, North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors and Real Estate Professionals.
- AV Preeminent® rated (the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating designation)