Sonya Reddy focuses her practice on commercial litigation. She has experience representing claimants and defendants in oil and gas matters, construction litigation, employment litigation, trade secret misappropriation actions and in other types of complex commercial litigation.
She earned her J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and holds a B.A. from the University of Texas.
- In connection with representation of defendant individual in case involving allegations that defendants conspired to misappropriate plaintiff’s Eagle Ford Shale opportunity, prepared briefing, conducted witness preparation and trial preparation of various witnesses, and co-led large-scale document review project involving more than 600,000 documents, multiple attorneys, and rolling production concurrent with depositions.
- Conducted witness preparation for depositions and trial and conducted general trial preparation in connection with lawsuit involving dispute over purchase of mineral interests; plaintiffs purported to seek relief against named defendant under theories of breach of oral contract to purchase mineral interest lease, estoppel, reliance, and fraud.
- Key draftsperson for briefing in opposition of class certification, in connection with representation of homeowners’ association.
- Key draftsperson for arbitration submissions and overseer and facilitator of multiple expert site visits in connection with representation of claimant homeowners’ association against developer.
- Prevailed at summary judgment for defendant employer on plaintiff employee’s ADEA and Title VII discrimination claims relating to alleged failure to promote.
- Key draftsperson for briefing in connection with representation of both claimants and defendants in cases involving allegations of breach of non-solicitation agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, and unfair competition.
- Key draftsperson for submissions addressing purported class representative’s motion for conditional certification in case involving FLSA allegations in connection with representation of defendant.
- Key draftsperson for briefing in civil RICO case in connection with representation of plaintiff.
- Served as second chair for defense at trial of personal injury lawsuit; presented opening statement.
- Phi Beta Kappa, Dean's List
- Vice-Chair of Liberal Arts Council All-Majors Representation Committee