With experience as a professional actor in Los Angeles and Europe and years of work experience in the service industry, Skyler Stuckey brings a distinctly client-focused approach and unique perspective and mindset to every legal engagement.
His practice covers on a wide range of matters including commercial litigation, complex multi-state litigation, class actions, e-commerce development and technology, internet and media issues, and appellate matters. Throughout his career, he has worked with business entities ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, closely-held companies and individuals, cities and municipalities, and banks handling matters involving commercial and business disputes; contract and partnership suits; insurance-related matters; ERISA; bad faith claims; patent and trade dress matters; and appellate matters.
Skyler received his undergraduate degree in theatre from Pepperdine University and his J.D. from Texas Tech University Law School where he won a national moot court championship in entertainment law, which was argued in front of the Ninth Circuit.
Before joining Gray Reed, Skyler served as an intern for the Honorable Ken Molberg in the 95th District Court in Dallas and the Honorable Robert Junell in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- Currently a trial team member for a national class action matter dealing with international commodities and trade issues.
- Briefing on appellate matters involving real estate disputes and legal malpractice allegations.
- Assisted with substantial arbitrations over international involvement in clean energy development projects.
- Served as lead associate on a major mediation on behalf of the manufacturer of an animal vaccine.
- Assisted in the development of terms of service and privacy policies for app developers and e-commerce business owners.
- Drafted contractual agreements for software developers and their clients.
- Handled multiple cases involving partnership and fiduciary duty disputes.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Named a Texas Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazines (2017)
- National Order of the Barristers
- National Champion (2011) & National Finalist (2010) – National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity
- Texas Tech Law Review, Vol. 42 – Articles Editor & Career Development Director
- CALI Award Winner in Commercial Litigation and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Jurisprudence Award Winner in Civil Procedure, Property Law, Criminal Law, Business Entities, and Mergers & Acquisitions