Ryan focuses his practice on the representation of clients in the energy industry, primarily on upstream and midstream transactions. He represents energy clients, both domestic and international, in a variety of matters relating to the exploration for and production of oil and gas. In addition, he has assisted common carrier pipeline clients with construction and start-up activities.
Admitted in Texas and Oklahoma, Ryan is an active member of the Houston, Dallas and Oklahoma Bar Associations.
Ryan earned his law degree, with honors, and his undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma.
- Acquisition, divestiture and financing of oil and gas producing assets
- Advising on oil and gas related securities offerings
- Preparation of joint operating agreements and other oil operational contracts
- Negotiation of complex oil and gas leases
- Various dispute resolution matters
- Restructuring and other bankruptcy issues
- Acquisition, divestiture, negotiation, drafting and administration of production sharing contracts
- Farm-in and farm-out agreements
- International form operating agreements and drilling contracts
- Advising foreign energy clients in Vietnam, China and the Phillipines, on the acquisition of domestic oil and gas assets, including the recent acquisition by a publicly-traded Chinese entity of an oil and gas company located in Texas
Common Carrier Pipeline
- Construction and start-up activities, including exercise of eminent domain powers
- Drafting and negotiating easements and rights of way
- Numerous operational agreements
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association, Energy Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Former Chairman, Dallas Bar Association, Energy Law Section
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association, Energy and Natural Resources Section