T: 214.954.4135 F: 214.953.1332
Paul Brown is a staff attorney at Gray Reed and focuses his practice on energy law. He has extensive experience with title opinions, along with commercial real estate as it pertains to the acquisition and divestiture of commercial properties.
Paul earned his B.A. in history and American Studies from The University of Texas at Austin and his J.D. from University of Houston Law Center.
- Facilitated and help prepare documents related to $265 million acquisition of producing wells and acreage in the Permian Basin.
- Researched producing well information, acreage held by production, proration units and formations as found on the Texas Railroad Commission website and filed by operators.
- Drafted promissory notes, mortgages, and deeds of trust for residential real estate closings.
- Drafted drilling title opinions, division order title opinions, and acquisition title opinions in Texas, Ohio, and New Mexico.
- Prepared deeds, affidavits, ratifications, leases, joint operating agreements, farmout agreements, and purchase sale agreements for mineral owners, landmen, and company representatives.
- Researched and organized stand-up title opinions by searching records at courthouse, abstract company, and county tax office in Loving, Midland, Reeves, Reagan, Glasscock, King, and Upton counties.
- Drafted UCC documents to file in county records, employment dissolution agreements, and demand letters.