Nancy represents public and private companies and private equity funds in securities issuances, acquisitions and dispositions of assets and equity, joint ventures, recapitalizations, financings and change of control transactions valued at up to $3.5 billion. She has extensive experience negotiating complex partnership and limited liability company structures. She frequently represents private equity funds investing in or selling portfolio companies and counsels companies in strategic transactions. Her clients focus in the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors and in the oilfield service and chemical and product manufacturing industries.
Since 2010, Nancy has counseled companies, private equity funds and management teams in transactions valued in excess of $7.5 billion.
Nancy attended Tufts University for her undergraduate education and earned her J.D., cum laude, from Pepperdine University School of Law and her LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law.
M&A – Midstream Sector
- Counsel to Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE: MMP) in $850 million transaction to form a partnership with Plains All American Pipeline, LP to finance, construct and operate a 550-mile pipeline to transport crude oil from Colorado to Oklahoma.
- Counsel to Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE: MMP) in purchase by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation of a 20% equity interest in a partnership to construct and operate the above $850 million, 550-mile crude oil pipeline.
- Counsel to midstream privately held oil and gas company in $1 billion sale of crude oil and condensate gathering and transportation pipeline systems to a consortium of private equity funds and simultaneous formation and funding of joint venture with those private equity funds to own and operate the systems.
- Counsel to affiliate of Hilcorp Energy Company in $300 million joint venture with affiliate of NiSource Inc. to construct new gathering pipeline infrastructure and natural gas liquids (NGL) processing facilities to support natural gas production in the Utica Shale region of northeast Ohio and western Pennsylvania.
- Counsel to publicly held company in $870 million competitive bid to acquire offshore jetty platforms and tank farm for crude oil, fuel oil and refined petroleum products.
- Counsel to Enterprise Products Operating, L.P. in acquisition of midstream energy services provider to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids and crude oil.