Michael Blachly is the Director of Marketing & Business Development for Gray Reed & McGraw, a full-service, Texas based law firm with over 125 attorneys. Michael brings more than 15 years of experience in corporate marketing, business development and corporate communications primarily centered on driving business in the professional services sector.
Michael provides Gray Reed strategic direction on the firm’s business development and marketing initiatives and leads a team responsible for business development, marketing technology, research, process improvement, branding, creative production, public relations and events. He is a team-builder, consensus-builder, connector and results-oriented problem solver.
Prior to joining Gray Reed, Michael directed the marketing and communications for the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Cornerstone Credit Union League and his own political consulting firm, Hamby & Blachly.
Michael graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Science in journalism and from the SMU Cox School of Business’s Graduate Marketing Certificate Program.
He is a founding member of the Legal Marketing Association's Texas Chapter and currently serves as President of the Southwest Regional Chapter and has held numerous leadership positions within LMA. His civic and community engagement includes serving as an advisory board member of Family Compass (a child abuse prevention center).
Michael regularly speaks on marketing and business development and has presented to numerous organizations including the Legal Marketing Association, Southern Methodist University, Baylor University, Legal Sales and Service Organization's RainDance Conference and the International Association of Business Communicators.
Michael is also a passionate photographer and has pursued the hobby for most of his life. To view Michael's photography portfolio, go to www.michaelblachly.com.
- Director of Communications - Dedman School of Law, Southern Methodist University, 2003 - 2008
- Communications & Marketing Consultant, Hamby & Blachly LLC, 2002 - 2003
- Communications Director, Texas Credit Union League, 1999 - 2002
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Lexwork International (2010 - Present)
- Marketing Chair (2017)
- Member - Governing Board (2010 - Present)
- Member - Marketing Group (2010 - Present)
- Legal Marketing Association (2008 - Present)
- President - Southwest Region (2017)
- President-Elect - Texas Chapter (2016)
- Secretary - Texas Chapter (2012 - 2013)
- Chair - Dallas Local Group Chapter (2010)
- American Marketing Association (2014 - Present)
- Dallas Chapter Mentor Program (2014 - 2016)
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Family Compass (a child abuse prevention center)
- Advisory Board (2013 - Present)
- Dallas Heritage Village at Old City Park
- Young Professionals Steering Committee (2014 - 2016)
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens
- Marketing & Communications Advisory Board (2011 - 2012)
- Serves in various leadership roles at Saint Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church