Marcus Fettinger’s practice focuses on employment law and commercial litigation. He has experience in all aspects of litigation, including drafting and responding to discovery requests, taking and defending depositions, briefing and arguing motions and hearings, mediations, trials, and appellate briefing.
Marcus earned a B.B.A. from The McCombs School of Business at The University Texas in Austin in 2007, where he was a member of the University of Texas Silver Spurs. He earned his J.D. cum laude in 2011 from Southern Methodist University and served as an Articles Editor for SMU Law Review.
- Counseled clients and litigated cases in a range of employment matters including Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, and FLSA wage and hour claims and compliance.
- Represented home care corporation prosecuting misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of restrictive covenants, and tortious interference with contractual and business relationships claims against multiple former employees and their new employer.
- Represented hospice corporation in FLSA wage and hour class action lawsuit.
- Represented health care provider in misappropriation of trade secret and tortious interference claims by his former practice group.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Co-Vice Chair, Dallas Bar Association LegalLine Committee
- State Bar of Texas – Labor & Employment Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association – Labor & Employment Law Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers