Marcus is a management-side employment lawyer dedicated to utilizing creative strategies to achieve his clients goals. Whether his clients need immediate injunctive relief to protect the business’ trade secrets or long-term strategies to avoid potential liabilities in the future, he is passionate about developing collaborative strategies with his clients to achieve results. Marcus is committed to immersing himself in his client relationships in a fun yet professional manner to understand each client’s individual culture and future plans. Ultimately, he strives to provide his clients with result-oriented advice tailored to each client’s specific needs – not just general cookie cutter advice and counsel. All that said, he loves the courtroom. The thrill of injunctive proceedings and obtaining favorable judgments motivates him to come to work every day.
Marcus earned his J.D., cum laude, from Southern Methodist University and served as an Articles Editor for SMU Law Review. He attended The University Texas in Austin for his undergraduate education, where he was a member of the University of Texas Silver Spurs.
Outside of his passion for helping his clients, Marcus enjoys spending time in the Texas countryside, philanthropy, and exploring the ever-evolving Dallas restaurant scene. He lives in East Dallas with his two German Wirehaired Pointers – Britta and Emma.
- Served as first chair in a successful temporary injunction hearing for a financial services firm.
- Obtained summary dismissal of plaintiff’s sex, race, and disability discrimination claims against a home services client in federal court.
- Obtained take nothing judgment for client in an unpaid overtime case.
- Successfully defended an employer in a race discrimination case. Obtained a judgment awarding no economic damages or attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained numerous temporary restraining orders in theft of trade secret and restrictive covenant cases.
- Obtained numerous temporary and permanent injunctions on behalf of national automotive retailer.
- Obtained many large settlements in theft of trade secrets and breach of nonsolicitation / noncompetition agreements.
- Obtained summary dismissal of gender discrimination claims against a client in federal court.
- Obtained summary dismissal of sex discrimination claims against a construction client in state court.
- Counseled clients and litigated cases in a range of employment matters including Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, and FLSA wage and hour claims and compliance.
- Regularly represent companies facing Department of Labor (DOL) audits regarding overtime compliance.
- Regularly respond to charges of filed the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
- Regularly represent clients in administrative hearings including TWC hearings.
- Regularly draft handbooks, policies and employment agreements such as noncompetition, nondisclosure, severance, and retention agreements.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Co-Vice Chair, Dallas Bar Association LegalLine Committee
- State Bar of Texas – Labor & Employment Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association – Labor & Employment Law Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Community Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Genesis Young Leaders
- Oak Lawn Park Junior Conservancy
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly (2018)