Lan Giang Lam has 14 years of experience in the legal industry with 6 years as a legal secretary and 8 years as paralegal. Lan handles a variety of matters including oil & gas litigation, large construction disputes and wildfire litigation. Lan has prior experience with commercial foreclosure, wills and estate planning, probate, business acquisitions, contracts and bankruptcy.
As a paralegal for the Litigation Section of Gray Reed & McGraw in Dallas, Lan provides attorney support in all stages of pretrial and trial preparation. Lan's duties include document review, case evaluation, document production, maintaining and analyzing large amounts of data using Concordance and other document databases, drafting pleadings, preparation of depositions and hearings, legal research, client communications, preparing electronic exhibits and demonstratives using PowerPoint and Trial Director, and running such programs at trial.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Area Paralegal Association, Technology Section Chair, 2015
- Dallas Area Paralegal Association, Newsletter Editor, 2014
- Dallas Area Paralegal Association, Board Advisor and Newsletter Editor, 2013
- Dallas Area Paralegal Association, President, 2012
- Dallas Area Paralegal Association, Member since 2003
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc., Member since 2003
- Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas, Member since 2003
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Member since 2011