Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Kevin focuses his practice on all aspects of family litigation, including divorce proceedings, child custody matters, child support defense and enforcement, modifications, and alternative dispute resolutions. He has represented individuals and corporations in a variety of litigation contexts, including commercial, construction, intellectual property and criminal matters.
Kevin employs a variety of approaches in his practice, whether his client's needs require aggressive litigation through trial, or collaborating for a mediated resolution to disputed issues.
Kevin attended the University of Texas at Austin and earned a B.A. in Psychology and Anthropology. As an undergraduate, he was named to the Dean's List each year and was active in numerous student organizations, such as the Texas Union Distinguished Speakers Committee.
Kevin earned his J.D. in 2008 from the University of Houston Law Center. During law school, he served as the Senior Articles Editor for the Houston Business & Tax Law Journal and had a scholarly article published in the journal. Kevin also interned with the Harris County District Attorney’s Office through law school, prosecuting crimes involving family violence.
He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, College of the State Bar of Texas, Dallas Bar Association and Dallas Association of Young Lawyers. Kevin resides in Dallas with his wife and son.
- Appeared in more than 100 contested hearings, mediations or trials.
- Represented multiple executives in divorce proceedings including complex property division, characterization and division of significant estates.
- Represented the IT executive in a highly contested divorce case involving complex assets and child custody issues turning on allegations of substance abuse and family violence.
- Represented finance executive in divorce resolved through mediation, protecting client’s significant separate property interest in substantial estate.
- Represented numerous lawyers in meditated divorce settlements to maintain the privacy of the parties.
- Represented physician in child custody matter, securing primary custody of 2-year-old with right to move out of state.
- Successfully intervened in multiple cases on behalf of grandparents to obtain primary custody of children following evidence of substance abuse by parents.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended numerous contempt actions involving child possession, child support, spousal maintenance and division of property.
- Represented wife of tenured professor, obtaining highly disproportionate division of assets in client’s favor.
- Secured primary custody with right to move abroad for Japanese mother of 10-year-old child.
- Prepared numerous premarital agreements to protect 7-figure separate estates of physicians, executives and business owners.
- Completed multiple step-child and open adoptions.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Chair, State Bar of Texas, Individual Rights & Responsibilities Section (2015-2016)
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas (2016 - present)
- Course Director, State Bar's Bill of Rights Continuing Legal Education Course (2015-2016)
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section (2014 - present)
- Member & Committee Chair, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2011 - present)
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Leadership Class (2016)
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Guest Lecturer on Law and Texas Government, Tarrant County Community College
- Regularly accepts pro bono appointments from the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP) and Human Rights Initiative of North Texas (HRI)
- Active member of Lochwood Neighborhood Association