Kacy Kovar-Dusek is a staff attorney at Gray Reed and focuses her practice on energy law. She has extensive experience with title opinions; drafting various legal documents including distribution deeds and memoranda regarding title issues; and analyzing oil and gas leases, contracts and assignments of oil and gas leases.
Kacy earned her B.A. from St. Edward's University and her J.D. from St. Mary's University.
Draft Original Title Opinions from Sovereignty
- Review Runsheets containing instruments pertaining to a specific tract of land
- Determine title defects and draft requirements regarding how to clear the title and make it marketable
- Determine mineral ownership, including whether the client has purchased leases from the right mineral owner in the correct capacity
- Draft Division of Interest report detailing mineral ownership, working interest, royalty interest, overriding royalty interests, and net revenue interest
Draft Division Order Title Opinions
- Review Prior Original Title Opinions, Curative Materials, and Supplemental Runsheets concerning several tracts of land creating one unit
- Detect any new title defects created by the Curative Materials and Supplemental Runsheets
- Create a Division of Interest report for Division Order and payment purposes
- Consult clients on issues concerning Consent to Pool Agreements, Unleased Interests, and various other regulatory issues
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Young Professionals in Energy