T: 713.986.7000 F: 713.730.5820
Jeff focuses his practice in transactional, corporate and securities matters. Licensed in Texas and New York, he has represented clients in negotiation of private equity investments, mergers and acquisition, joint ventures, debt financings, restructurings and securities offerings.
Jeff graduated with a B.A. degree in Politics and Russian Studies from Oberlin College in 1992. He received his J.D. in 1997 from the University of Houston Law Center, where he graduated cum laude and served as a member of the Houston Journal of International Law.
- Provided counsel in a number of transactional matters involving clients such as DXP Enterprises, Inc., Cal Dive International, Inc., Enron Corp., WorldCom, Inc., Encompass Service Corp., Alfa, S.A., DAK Americas LLC, General Electric Capital Corporation, Samuels Jewelers, Inc. and Transocean Inc.
- Represented private equity clients including Centre Partners, Falconhead Capital, Credit Suisse First Boston Private Equity, DLJ Merchant Banking, American Capital Strategies, Ltd. and ACI Capital in private equity investments, management and leveraged buyouts, formation of portfolio companies and joint venture transactions.
- Represents management groups as part of such investments.
- Provides counsel to clients who are in distressed debt situations.
- Provides representation in matter involving various organizational and investment structures, including cross-border holding company corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships from a diverse industry base that includes home and office goods manufacturers, offshore marine vessel operations, oil and gas field services providers, basic chemical and petrochemical manufacturers, steel manufacturers, consumer services providers and intermediate pharmaceutical production.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association