For over 15 years, J.J. Hardig has worked to deliver exceptional service and results to businesses in the construction, oil and gas, manufacturing, food and automobile industries. His trial and appellate practice focuses primarily on high-stakes commercial disputes, as well as very serious personal injury matters. J.J. also serves his clients by providing tailor-made advice and counsel on a variety of matters affecting their businesses, including risk analysis, litigation prevention strategies and employment related issues.
His broad commercial litigation experience includes successfully handling complex disputes involving breach of contract, breach of warranty, fraud, DTPA, misappropriation of trade secrets, as well as indemnity issues. J.J.'s personal injury experience includes successfully defending catastrophic products and premises liability claims involving toxic exposure, food contamination, industrial accidents and crane failure.
He has been named a “Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine five times (2005, 2013 - 2016), an award given to no more than five percent of attorneys practicing in Texas.
Prior to private practice, J.J. served as Justice Adele Hedges' briefing attorney at the First Court of Appeals of Texas in Houston.
- Obtained favorable jury verdict in matter involving multi-million dollar sale of client’s business.
- Obtained favorable arbitration award for general contractor in breach of contract dispute involving subcontractor’s claims for additional work, construction delays and lost productivity.
- Obtained favorable judgment in breach of contract matter involving the sale of oil and gas related equipment.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of paint manufacturer in million dollar breach of warranty/DTPA claim concerning toxic mold in a commercial building.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of paint manufacturer in breach of warranty claim concerning alleged failure of coating on a residence.
- Successfully defeated attempts to enjoin multi-million dollar sale of client’s business.
- Successful resolution of large claim for misappropriation of trade secret and copyright infringement on behalf of construction client.
- Successful prosecution of contractual indemnity claim on construction client’s behalf after personal injury settlement.
- Successful resolution of significant breach of contract claim arising from construction project in Iraq.
- Obtained successful settlement and agreed judgment in favor of client after conversion of client’s valuable property.
- Obtained successful property damage settlement in favor of client damaged by negligent operation of a commercial bus.
- Obtained dismissal of employer’s appeal on behalf of employee after filing brief. The appeal involved non-compete and non-disclosure issues.
- Successful resolution of negligence and breach of warranty action involving the alleged failure of paint products used on a multi-million dollar residence.
- Routinely defends paint and coatings utilized in industrial and commercial settings, including claims of breach of warranty and DTPA.
Personal Injury Litigation
- Routinely defends product manufacturers and suppliers against claims of negligence and strict liability.
- Routinely defends industrial property owners against premises liability claims arising under Chapter 95 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code.
- Routinely defends food manufacturer against claims of food contamination.
- Served as Texas counsel during defense of food product after nationwide recall.
- Obtained dismissal of premises liability claim against oil and gas refining company shortly before trial relating to alleged exposure to hydrogen sulfide.
- Obtained summary judgment in federal court on behalf of government contractor sued in drowning case and successful defense of summary judgment in Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successful resolution of death case involving crane failure for construction client.
- Successful defense of paint and chemical manufacturers against products liability claims, including claims of benzene-induced leukemia.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Defense Research Institute
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine (2005, 2013-2017)