Evangeline (Evie) O. Lalangas brings an insider’s perspective to the firm’s health care and business services expertise. Having worked for health-related nonprofits and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, she understands not only the legal issues surrounding health care industry but also the policy and business concerns. Her unique vantage point gives her an intimate understanding of our clients’ perspectives, and enables her to help them achieve their goals in the health care field and beyond.
Evie earned her B.A. in International Affairs from George Washington University and her M.P.H. - Health Policy and J.D. from St. Louis University. In law school, she served as lead editor for the SLU Journal of Health Law & Policy and received the SLU Law Academic Excellence Award (2011, 2012). She's also a four-year merit scholar with the National Scottish Rite Foundation.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas Health Lawyers Association, Co-Founder and 2016 President
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Attorney’s Serving the Community, Underwriting Committee Member
Community Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- The Educator Collective, Board of Directors
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines (2018)
- National Public Health Law Conference Scholarship Recipient, 2012
- Irvin and Maggie Dagen Public Interest Fellowship Fund Recipient, 2011
- Caruth J. Wagner M.D. Fellowship Foundation Recipient, 2011