Board Certified in Health Law, Elise focuses primarily on healthcare business transactions and other healthcare compliance issues. Prior to joining Gray Reed & McGraw, she practiced in Tulsa, Oklahoma, focusing on healthcare and general business transactions. Elise represents a variety of healthcare providers in both Texas and Oklahoma, including acute care hospitals, joint venture hospitals, physicians, physician practices, dental practices, skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities.
Elise earned her J.D. from the University of Tulsa College of Law. During law school, she served as an intern for the Honorable Keith Rapp on the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals. Elise received her B.S. in Communication Sciences and Disorders summa cum laude from Oklahoma State University.
- Ongoing representation of various health care providers, including acute care hospitals, joint venture hospitals, individual physicians, physician practices, dental practices, skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities.
- Representation of health care providers in formation of physician and dental practices.
- Representation of health care providers with various operational and compliance issues.
- Representation of hospitals, physician practices and dental practices in acquisition and sales transactions.
- Assisting various health care providers with negotiation and preparation of physician employment agreements, management agreements and professional services agreements.
- Representation of various health care providers in connection with private offerings.
- Advising health care providers on matters related to various federal and state fraud and abuse issues, including the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the federal physician self-referral prohibition (Stark Law) and the Texas Illegal Remuneration Act.
- Advising health care providers on matters related to various other compliance issues, including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act.
Assisting health care providers in the preparation of corporate compliance programs for various entities, including physician practices, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, medical device companies and health care marketing companies.
- Health Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Oklahoma
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Attorneys Serving the Community
- Phi Delta Phi