Elise Schuller Barajas focuses primarily on healthcare business transactions and other healthcare compliance issues. Prior to joining Gray Reed & McGraw, she practiced in Tulsa, Oklahoma, focusing on healthcare and general business transactions. Elise represents a variety of healthcare providers in both Texas and Oklahoma, including acute care hospitals, joint venture hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, dental practices, long-term care facilities, psychiatric providers, an organ procurement organization and ancillary providers.
Elise earned her J.D. from the University of Tulsa College of Law. During law school, she served as an intern for the Honorable Keith Rapp on the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals. Elise received her B.S. in Communication Sciences and Disorders, summa cum laude, from Oklahoma State University.
- Health Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Representation of hospitals, physician practices and ancillary providers in acquisition and sales transactions.
- Representation of health care providers with various operational and compliance issues.
- Representation of health care providers in formation of physician and dental practices.
- Assisting various health care providers with negotiation and preparation of physician employment agreements, management agreements and professional services agreements.
- Representation of various health care providers in connection with private offerings.
- Advising health care providers on matters related to various federal and state fraud and abuse issues, including the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the federal physician self-referral prohibition (Stark Law) and the Texas Illegal Remuneration Act.
- Advising health care providers on matters related to various other compliance issues, including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act.
- Formation and representation of physician networks, including clinically integrated networks.
Assisting health care providers in the preparation of corporate compliance programs for various entities, including hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities and vaious ancillary providers.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Oklahoma
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Health Law Section
- Mergers & Acquisitions Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Texas Health Lawyers Association
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- Attorneys Serving the Community
- Phi Delta Phi