David G. Henry focuses his practice on patent litigation prosecution and defense; patent and trademark strategic planning, prosecution and licensing; and trademark and trade secret litigation. David has extensive experience in assisting his clients in identifying, strategically managing and protecting domestic and foreign intellectual property assets, as well as prosecuting or defending patent infringement and trademark infringement claims in federal courts throughout the United States. He has had some emphasis in both patent prosecution and litigation in the areas of pharmaceuticals and medical and surgical devices (scoliosis-related devices, surgical instruments, suturing tools, and introducers, to name a few), but has also prosecuted and litigated patents relating to a wide variety of technologies. These other areas include petroleum exploration technologies, electrical grid management systems, prosthetic joints, food and beverage production technologies and devices, systems used in space missions, and animal care products.
At any given time, David is involved in a number of federal court patent infringement or trademark infringement actions throughout the United States, as well as certain, selected activities at the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO). His experience and circumstances are such that he is particularly well-suited for assisting clients in intensive, fast-paced patent litigation arenas, such as the Eastern District of Texas. Alongside his longstanding legal career, David has served as a patent law professor at Baylor Law School since 1994, and now teaching in the Entrepreneurship Program of Baylor's Hankamer School of Business. He is also an Accredited CLE Presenter for multiple bar associations.
An accomplished pilot, David posts periodic updates on his popular website www.pilotatlaw.com.
- Representation of medical device company in parallel federal and chancery court cases involving theft of trade secrets, unfair competition, and breach of confidentiality agreements.
- Representation of publicly held medical device company in defense of patent infringement case.
- Representation of publicly held corporation as plaintiff in patent infringement litigation involving non-U.S. infringer.
- Representation of privately held, multi-national company in multiple cases involving copyright, patent, and trademark infringement.
- Representation of petroleum exploration equipment company in two patent infringement matters.
- Representation of privately held pet supply in patent infringement and breach of contact case.
- Representation of soft drink company in trademark infringement action against a rival manufacturer.
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Baylor University Faculty Advisor to Pi Kappa Phi and Delta Delta Delta Chapters
- United States Air Force Auxiliary, Lieutenant Colonel, Wing Public Affairs Officer
- Greater Waco Area Aviation Alliance Advisor
- Vice-chairman, Board of Directors of the Military Child Education Coalition
- Aviation Alliance Committee and Technology Business Briefing Committee member - Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine, 2014-2015.
- Awarded a perfect 10 rating on Avvo.com