Chance Decker focuses his practice on commercial, oil and gas, and employment litigation. Since joining Gray Reed & McGraw in the fall of 2009, Decker has obtained favorable verdicts and settlements for the firm's clients through a calculated and aggressive approach to the practice of law.
- Successfully defended a commercial flatbed trailer manufacturer in a multi-million dollar lawsuit by its Chinese supplier.
- Successfully defended two Houston area automobile dealerships in multi-million dollar lawsuits by their former floorplan finance providers.
- Played pivotal role in obtaining a jury verdict on behalf of Jani-King International, Inc. in a suit against a New York franchisee.
- Obtained summary judgment and case dismissal for home builder accused of race discrimination, violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and breach of construction contract.
- Successfully defended a commercial tenant in a multi-property eviction and tortious interference case.
- Obtained a complete judgment on behalf of a major oilfield services manufacturing company for the nonpayment of several hundred thousand dollars of unpaid equipment.
- Regularly represent employers in the energy space, primarily with respect wrongful termination, breach of employment agreement, and employment discrimination matters
- Obtained a favorable judgment against former employees of a Houston energy brokerage firm who breached the non-competition and non-disclosure provisions of their employment agreements.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas (Litigation Section)
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (Calf Scramble Committee Member)
- Texas Trophy Hunters Association
- 12th Man Foundation
- Houston A&M Club
- St. Luke's United Methodist Church
- Hermann Park Conservancy
- Houston Bar Association Adopt-a-School Committee