Chance Decker focuses his practice on commercial, oil and gas, and employment litigation. Since joining Gray Reed in the fall of 2009, he has obtained favorable verdicts and settlements for the firm's clients through a calculated and aggressive approach to the practice of law.
Decker earned his B.S. in Geography: GIS Specialization from Texas A&M University and his J.D. from University of Houston Law Center where we served as the Notes and Comments Editor for the Houston Law Review.
- Obtained favorable settlement in dispute over allegedly fraudulent purchase orders issued for over twelve million dollars of steel tubing.
- Successfully defended a Houston energy brokerage firm at trial alleging discrimination under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act by a former employee.
- Successfully defended a commercial flatbed trailer manufacturer in a multi-million dollar lawsuit by its Chinese supplier.
- Successfully defended two Houston area automobile dealerships in multi-million dollar lawsuits by their former floorplan finance providers.
- Played pivotal role in obtaining a jury verdict on behalf of Jani-King International, Inc. in a suit against a New York franchisee.
- Obtained summary judgment and case dismissal for home builder accused of race discrimination, violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and breach of construction contract.
- Successfully defended a commercial tenant in a multi-property eviction and tortious interference case.
- Obtained a complete judgment on behalf of a major oilfield services manufacturing company for the nonpayment of several hundred thousand dollars of unpaid equipment.
- Obtained a favorable judgment against former employees of a Houston energy brokerage firm who breached the non-competition and non-disclosure provisions of their employment agreements.
- The Slow Death of the Handshake: Best Practices from a Litigator's Perspective
National Association of Steel Pipe Distributors 2017 Summer Conference
June 15, 2017
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas (Litigation Section)
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (Calf Scramble Committee Member)
- Texas Trophy Hunters Association
- 12th Man Foundation
- Houston A&M Club
- St. Luke's United Methodist Church
- Hermann Park Conservancy
- Houston Bar Association Adopt-a-School Committee