Carol Wilhelm is an intellectual property law attorney who joined Gray Reed & McGraw in September 2008 after 16 years of practice at the national law firms of Pennie & Edmonds, Jones Day and Jenner & Block. Carol has extensive experience in all areas of trademark, copyright and unfair competition, including litigation, prosecution, transactions, due diligence and client counseling. Carol's practice also encompasses general corporate matters and transactions.
Significant cases include:
- Circle Line v. Circle Line - bench trial of historic NY trademark issue
- Cumberland v. NutraSweet - obtained summary judgment for defendant in trademark/trade dress infringement and false advertising case, affirmed on appeal
- BIC v. Far Eastern - bench trial for plaintiff on trademark infringement claims, affirmed on appeal
- Vornado v. Duracraft Corp. - trial and successful appeal for defendant on trade dress claim involving interface of patent and trademark laws
- Holmes v. Vornado - represented plaintiff in false advertising case reaching Supreme Court on jurisdictional issue
Managed intellectual property portfolios and matters of multi-national clients such as PODS, Bic, Swedish Match North America, Culinary Institute of America and others.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Legal internships: CBS Inc.; Children's Television Workshop