Brock Niezgoda’s practice focuses on financing, securities and transactional matters. He advises clients on financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, business formations and reorganizations, corporate governance issues, SEC reporting and compliance issues, private equity offerings and commercial transactions. A majority of Brock’s practice is devoted to both financing matters, including representing both borrowers and lenders, primarily in energy related secured lending, project finance and acquisition financing, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented the owner of trucking and saltwater disposal companies in the sale of entities to and creation of a joint venture with a national trucking company creating a new saltwater disposal company with trucks, pipelines and saltwater disposal wells in multiple states.
- Represented seller in the $17.3 million sale of the operating assets of five franchised restaurants.
- Represented a Dutch-based company specializing in fire suppression products and services and aircraft safety component repairs for the commercial aviation market in the acquisition of an aircraft safety equipment provider and servicer with full-service facilities in Houston, Dallas, Indianapolis, Atlanta and Tampa.
- Represented a Dutch private equity firm in connection with the acquisition by one of its portfolio companies of a U.S. holding company and its U.S. and U.K. subsidiaries engaged in the business of providing horizontal directional drilling services and products.
- Represented publicly traded midstream company in connection with its acquisition of salt water disposal wells and associated facilities in North Dakota.
- Represented the owner and operator of water gathering pipelines and disposal facilities in the development of a $100 million strategic financial partnership with a credit-oriented private equity firm.
- Represented agents, lenders and borrowers in oil and gas reserve based financings, including acquisition financings and financings secured by both onshore and offshore properties.
- Represented agents and lenders in project finance transactions, including the development of a crude loading terminal and solar power generation facilities.
- Represented NYSE company in acquisitions of 77 convenience stores in New York and 22 convenience stores in Texas.
- Represented borrowers in industries including oil and gas exploration, manufacturing and chemicals in negotiating term loans, revolving credit facilities, second lien financings, working capital facilities and other financing arrangements, both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Represented project developer and private equity fund in funding and development of North Dakota rail terminal.
- Represented numerous privately held companies in acquisitions by private equity funds and strategic buyers.
- Represented management team in recapitalization of company by multiple private equity funds.
- Represented publicly traded company in PIPE transaction and subsequent S-1 registration statement filing.
- Represent and advise publicly traded companies with respect to SEC and exchange reporting and compliance issues.
Professional Activities, Memberships and Affiliations
- Texas State Bar – Business law section
- Houston Bar Association – Mergers and Acquisitions section
Community Involvement, Memberships and Affiliations
- The University of Texas Alumni Association - Texas Exes Houston Chapter, Board of Directors
- Texas Cowboys Alumni Association
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines (2018)