Andy Meyercord serves as Gray Reed's Dallas Managing Partner and head of the firm's healthcare section. Board certified in health law, his experience includes mergers and acquisitions, structuring, implementing and ongoing representation of provider joint ventures, hospitals, clinically integrated networks, and hospital-physician affiliations and alignments. His experience also includes representation of hospitals, for-profit and not-for-profit health care providers, entrepreneurs, and major physician practices and networks. In 2017, Andy was recognized as a leading healthcare attorney in Texas by Chambers USA.
Andy earned his B.A. from Dartmouth University and his J.D. from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law.
- Representation of physician/hospital partnerships in the acquisition of ambulatory surgery centers.
- Obtain favorable advisory opinion that a specialty hospital was considered "under development" for purposes of the moratorium affecting the "whole hospital exception" to the Stark Law.
- Representation of underwriters in tax exempt financings and taxable credit enhanced bonds.
- Representation of physician partnerships in the development and operation of ambulatory surgery centers and diagnostic imaging centers.
- Organization and representation of managed care organizations.
- Structuring and representing a health care group purchasing organization composed of approximately 35 employers (representation including a request for a Business Review Letter from the Department of Justice regarding the antitrust issues).
- Ongoing representation of health care providers in medical staff issues, peer review hearings, physician licensing, HIPAA, delivery of patient care, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, fraud and abuse, hearings before the Texas Board of Medical Examiners and other licensing Boards.
- Mediator - American Health Lawyers Association.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Certified - Health Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Health Law, Exam Commission, member
- State Bar of Texas (Health Law Section), Dallas Bar Association, American Health Lawyers Association.
- Adjunct Professor, University of Dallas Graduate School of Management, MBA Program in Health Services Management (1992 - 1997)
- Board of Directors, Presbyterian Communities & Services, Chairman of the Board of Directors, (2008 - Present)
- Member of the Dartmouth Lawyers Association
- Recognized as one of the leading healthcare lawyers in Texas by Chambers & Partners USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2017)
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Woodward/White, Inc.'s The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Corporate and Health Care Law (2008 - 2016)
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine (2005-2016)
- AV Preeminent® rated (the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating designation)
- Selected as a Best Lawyer in Dallas by D Magazine (2013, 2014, 2017)
- Selected for "Who's Who in Healthcare" by the Dallas Business Journal, (American City Business Journals, 2012)
- Presented with the 2010 Texas Association of Homes and Services for the Aging Board Leadership Award.