Andrew Neal is an experienced oil and gas transactions attorney in the Dallas Energy section of Gray Reed & McGraw. After receiving his J.D., Drew went into private practice examining mineral title to determine ownership, analyzing complex oil and gas related issues including fractured ownership, equitable subrogation of liens, mineral reservations, strip and gore doctrine, lease pooling provisions and curative requirements; and drafting drilling title opinions for clients.
Drew received his B.A. from Wheaton College in Illinois and his J.D. from St. Mary's University School of Law where he was an associate editor for the St. Mary's Law Journal. Prior to law school, he worked as a landman for major oil and gas companies in Texas.
- Representation of an oilfield service company in the drafting of a plugging and abandonment service contract.
- Representation of domestic exploration and production company through reviewing and advising rights and remedies under joint operating agreements and joint development agreements.
- Representation of exploration and production companies through advising manners in which rights of first refusal and options affect operations.
- Representation of domestic exploration and productions companies in sale of working and non-working interest.
- Representation of multiple exploration and production companies by drafting opinions showing ownership of mineral title and advising clients on curative steps to clear title on mineral ownership.
- Representation of oil, gas and energy related industries advising in ownership, rights and remedies regarding mineral and royalty reservations, strip and gore doctrine regarding public roadways and highways, pooling provisions and regulations, ownership of estate and intestacy heirship of minerals interest, curative requirements, deed construction, fractured ownership and lien encumbrance.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout (2000)
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity, Tarlton Inn