Amber M. Carson represents clients in civil litigation and all facets of bankruptcy, out-of-court restructurings, multi-jurisdictional insolvencies, creditors’ rights, and federal bankruptcy-related litigation matters.
Amber received her B.B.A from the University of Massachusetts in 2009 and her J.D. in 2012 from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. While in law school, she participated in the Hon. Conrad B. Duberstein Moot Court Competition, the National Moot Court Competition, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, and the Hon. John C. Ford American Inn of Court. Amber also externed for the Honorable Stacey G. C. Jernigan, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Texas and the Honorable Kerry P. FitzGerald, Justice on the Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining Gray Reed, Amber served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Harlin D. Hale, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Texas.
Recent experience includes representing Chapter 11 debtors, official committees of unsecured creditors, bankruptcy trustees, and creditors in complex bankruptcy cases throughout the country in the real estate, construction, service, and energy industries.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Steering Committee Member (2018)
- Leadership Class (2017)
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Communications Chair (2018)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Business Organization Committee (2018)
- International Committee (2018)
- Young & New Members Committee (2018)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section
- State Bar of Texas
- Bankruptcy Law Section, member
- Bankruptcy Law Section Young Lawyers Committee, Liaison to the Vice President – Business Bankruptcy (2016-2018)
- Texas Bar College
- Turnaround Management Association
- The Hon. John C. Ford American Inn of Court
- National New Lawyers Task Force, Chair
- The Hon. John C. Ford American Inn of Court, associate
Community Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center
- North Texas Chapter of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Junior League of Dallas