Alex Fuller's legal practice concentrates primarily in General Civil and Commercial Litigation, with experience in cases involving collections, deceptive trade practices, fraud, property disputes, health care litigation, defense of corporations and businesspersons against violations of city ordinances, and oil and gas litigation.
Alex joined the Smith County District Attorney's office after graduating from Baylor Law School, eventually serving as Chief Misdemeanor Prosecutor and Asset Forfeiture Attorney. He joined Gray Reed as an associate in 2007. Alex is an avid motorcyclist and is an active IDPA competitor.
- Member of trial team defending a products liability case in Federal District Court resulting in a jury verdict absolving defendant from all liability.
- Obtained pre-trial dismissal of all counterclaims in civil litigation before Federal District Court.
- Prepared and argued Motions for Summary Judgment in a collection case resulting in judgment for the plaintiff in excess of $600,000.00.
- Trial counsel for plaintiff in a collection case resulting in judgment for the plaintiff in excess of $800,000.00.
- Prepared and argued Motions for Summary Judgment in a defamation lawsuit on behalf of defendants, resulting in judgment for the defendants and dismissal of all of the plaintiff's claims.
- Prepared and argued a Motion to Dismiss in a medical malpractice claim, resulting in a complete dismissal with prejudice in favor of the health care provider and an award of over $25,000.00 in attorneys' fees.
- Prepared a motion for summary judgment in breach of contract litigation in an oil and gas case, resulting in judgment in favor of the client landowner and an award of over $75,000.00 in attorneys' fees.
- Extensive jury trial experience, including as lead counsel in successful prosecutions of drug and weapon possession offenses, DWI offenses, and assault and family violence offenses.
- Represented Smith County in the Smith County Commissioner's Court.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association